Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dec.5 2008

In December, Lyle and Melanie's families got together in Salt Lake City for lunch and Robert was a hit as usual. We left the lunch laughing our heads off at how he made his way around the room and talked to EVERYONE. No one was left out as you can see from the picture. There were a lot of comments from those there that he was quite the social butterfly that day.

For many there, it was one of the last times they saw him and he definately left an impression. Robert didn't really know these kids that well, but made great friends of them by the time they left. I can say that daily I think about how great he was and try to make myself a little better.


2 comments:

  1. What a great memory! Robert had a way of making you feel like you were his best friend. He was definitely the life of the party. I know that he makes me want to strive to be a better person and to always live life to the fullest.
    Always in our thoughts,
    Jeff, Kristin, Alexa, and Avery Horsley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture sums up Robert pretty well. He really had a way with kids, and they loved him! I still can't believe he is gone, but I felt a lot of comfort as the general authorities gave great advice on losing loved ones during this past conference. By the way, Sue, your legs look SOOO good in this picture

    ReplyDelete